5 hopes for young adult literature in 2011
1. that australian books find international homes and set a good example for us
2. that young adult authors continue to break barriers and push the boundaries and strive to represent all young people and their hopesfearswonders without discrimination.
3. that markus zusak's new book does indeed get released (have you even written it, markus m'dear? see you at reading matters!)
4. that publishers no longer need to be so set on finding the next massive series (ie. the old angelvampiredystopianmoviedealbooktour) to make way for...
5. ...slow reads, beautiful writing, complex plots, intelligent observations and stand-alone books.
*photographs from when i "cleaned" the other day. a $2 suitcase is a good bookshelf.